The Nike swoosh. Coca Cola red. “The ultimate driving machine.” When you read these words your mind immediately flashes with images of the Nike logo, of a red Coca Cola can, complete with the distinctive white signature, and a BMW rounding the bend on a winding mountain road. The brand recall for these companies is phenomenal.
Other brands have become so ingrained in our culture that they actually define the entire product line. For example, Q-Tips instead of cotton swabs; Kleenex instead of facial tissue; Xerox instead of office copier. This is the ultimate in brand building and brand recognition.
Studies have revealed several important factors that can help in brand building. Brand recall depends on the strength and organization of memories and their accessibility. Thus, brand recall is dependent on three things:
- Interference of other product’s information
- The time since an individual was last exposed to a product or company
- The number and type of external retrieval cues an individual receives about a particular product or company
A great way to use these three facts to your advantage is to incorporate useful promotional products into your marketing mix. Innovative and useful promotional products can help build your brand and increase brand recognition of your company’s products and services.
Promotional products have a high reach and great potential for top-of-mind recall. People love useful promotional items. Promotional products can be used to minimize time gaps in exposure occasions and provide external cues to help with brand recall. To use them effectively you should:
- Provide useful promotional products to your current and potential customers on a regular basis
- The promotional products should have a clear connection to your brand
- The promotional products should be relevant to current and potential customers
Take a look at this list of the top five “useful” promotional product categories that customers love.
- Computer Products
- Health and Safety Products
- Writing Instruments
- Food Gifts
To learn what other items have made the top ten list contact email@example.com.
If you’d like to see items that you can use to increase brand awareness with your potential and current clients check out our complete offering here: http://sottc.com/promotional-products
Useful promotional products; we love them, we use them and we keep them. And now, you can give them to keep your brand top-of-mind with your customers.